West Central Pastoral Conference
Dates: Sept. 19-21, 1995 beginning at 10 a.m. (MDT) on Tuesday through
noon on Thursday.
Place: Redeemer Ev. Lutheran Church, Cheyenne, WY
1) Old Testament Exegesis: Psalm 128 – Jay Hartmann
2) New Testament Exegesis: 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 — Walter Schaller
3) Extremely Inactive Members: Should They Be Excommunicated or Is
Termination of Membership Appropriate? — Norman Greve
4) What Is A Church member? — A Survey of Practices and Principles
concerning How We Determine Membership Status in the Congregation —
5) The Abrogation of the Mosaic Law — Paul Krause
6) Towards a Better Delivery of the Sermon — Paul Larsen
7) A Comprehensive Study on the Use of the Word “Grace” in the New
Testament — Steven Sippert
8) Review and Discussion: Walther’s Law and Gospel — Michael
9) Book Reviews: a) Homosexuality — A New Christian Ethic by
Elizabeth Moberly — Joel Fleischer; b) Getting into the Book of
Concord by Robert Preus — David Fuerstenau Conference Chaplain: James Shrader Conference Speaker: Walter Schaller
—Steven Sippert, Secretary
CLC South-Eastern Pastoral Conference West Columbia, SD September 26-28
* New Testament Exegesis, 2 Thess. 2:1ff — Mark Gullerud
* Old Testament Exegesis, Exegete’s choir — John Klatt
* Baptizing Non-Members who do not Intend to Become (Remain) Members
* When is it Proper or Improper to Resign a Call — John
* The Necessity For Humility in the Ministry — Terrel Kesterson
* The Methods and Importance of Member Visitation and Sick Calls —
* The Significance of the Title “the Son of Man” — Karl Stewart Conference Chaplain — Andrew Schaller Conference Speaker — Thomas Schuetze
— Michael Roehl, Secretary
Great Lakes Pastoral Conference Immanuel Lutheran College Eau Claire, Wisc.
Dates: October 10-11, beginning at 8:30 a.m. Essays:
1) OT Exegesis, Ecclesiastes 8:10-17 — Prof. Paul D. Nolting
2) NT Exegesis, 1 Corinthians 8:16ff — Prof. John Reim
3) Further Discussion of the “Application of the Principle to
Troublesome Cases” — Mark Bernthal
4) The Importance of Excommunication in the Spiritual Life of the
Church — Arthur Schulz
5) How does One Determine the Essence of an Organization (with special
application to the American Legion)? — Michael Sydow) The Pro’s and
Con’s of Term Limits for Congregational and Synodical Offices — Prof.
7) The Usage of “Gospel” in the New Testament — Prof. David Lau
8) Conference Speaker — Leroy Dux
9) Conference Chaplain — David Reim
—David Reim, Secretary
Redeemer Lutheran Church of Caledonia, Minnesota has disbanded. Members have continued their membership in other congregations of the CLC in the area.
Rev. Dan Avery of Caledonia, Minnesota has declared himself out of fellowship with the Church of the Lutheran Confession and is no longer eligible for call in the CLC.
— Daniel Fleischer, President
As authorized by President Daniel Fleischer, I installed Wayne Eichstadt as Missionary-At-Large/Pastor of the CLC Preaching Station in Orange Park (Jacksonville), Florida on July 2, 1995.
—Pastor Michael Roehl
As authorized by President Daniel Fleischer, In installed John Schierenbeck as Pastor of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Winter Haven, Florida on July 9, 1995.
—Pastor Michael Roehl
As authorized by President Daniel Fleischer, I installed Dr. Gregory Jackson on July 30, 1995 as pastor of Faith Lutheran Church, New Ulm, Minn. and Faith Lutheran Church, Nicollet, Minn.
—Rev. Stephen C. F. Kurtzahn
By the authority of the congregations and with the knowledge and consent of President Fleischer, I installed Rev. Dwight Franklin Gantt as pastor of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in White River and Peace Lutheran Church in Mission, So. Dak. The installation service took place at Peace Lutheran Church on July 16.
—Rev. Steven Sippert
With the knowledge and approval of President Fleischer I installed Miss Sara Pfeiffer as founding teacher of St. Stephen Lutheran School on July 9, 1995. Assisting were Prof. Clifford Kuehne, Prof. John Pfeiffer, and Pastor Rollin Reim.
—Pastor Bruce Naumann
As authorized by President Fleischer, I installed Pastor Warren Fanning as the pastor of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, West Columbia, South Carolina, on July 30, 1995.
—Pastor Terrel Kesterson
The Coordinating Council will meet at Immanuel Lutheran College October 18, 19, 1995. Sessions on October 18 begin after chapel at 10:30 a.m.
—Daniel Fleischer, President
Minnesota Delegate Conference September 24th, 3:00 p.m. Salem, Eagle Lake
* Does The Name “Lutheran” Still Convey Our Confession To The World?
— Pastor Gregory Jackson
* Contemporary Christian Music — Good Or Bad? — Teacher Lane Fischer Please announce or excuse to the host pastor, Rick Grams.
—Submitted by Visitor, Pastor Stephen Kurtzahn
Change Of Address
Rev. John H. Johannes 821 Security Drive, Apt. AA-104 Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Pastor Paul Naumann 712 DuPont Ave. P.O. Box 239 DuPont, WA 98327 Phone (206) 964-7849